EcoHouse Information & Resources
EcoHouse Photo Contest
- 2009-10 1st Annual EcoHouse Photo Contest
Best Photo was awarded to:
Sophomore Natural Resource Economics Major
- EcoHusky/Office of Environmental Policy (OEP)
News & Information
- The University of Connecticut was ranked 16th among America's greenest colleges this year, according to Sierra Club Magazine. Check it out here!
- UConn Ranked one of nation's Greenest Schools!
- What green job is right for you based on your personality type?
- Sustainable programs at other Universities - resource
- On-Campus Bike Loan Program - Eco House is helping to start Uconn's fisrt bike sharing program!
- EcoMadness - EcoMadness brings out the best in students!
- Play a Greater Part - course project, independent study and thesis ideas for students
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium (HEASC) - network of higher ed associations with commitment to advancing sustainability
- The US Partnership - integrating sustainable development into education
- Green America - mission is to harness economic power to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society
- New American Dream - mission is to help Americans consume responsibly to project the environment, enhance quality of life, and promote social justice
- Social Investment Forum - advancing socially & environmentally responsible investing
- 350.org - Climate Action
- Civil Eats - Feeding college students one garden at a time
- Student Gardens and Food Service Guide (also see Resource links) - Intro to the Guide
- Circle of Responsibility - healthy environment, community and menu
- TckTckTck - Are you ready for Climate Action?
- COP15 - Learn more about the Climate Conference in Copenhagen
- The "New" American Dream - Learn what this organization is doing to help Americans take repsonsiblity for the environment and enhance the quality of life.
- Play a Greater Part - Join a project to help solve a societal issue while gaining academic credit
- The Green Team - Join the Green Team and help the environment through waste reduction, reuse, recycling and composting
- Earth Policy - Learn more about renewable energy (wind, solar, etc) and check out Lester Brown's book, Plan B 4.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization