Directions: Please read all application information below and complete all application questions fully. After you complete the application, it will be reviewed and you will be considered for a group interview. LCA group interviews will take place April 10-14, 2017.
Application Deadline: The application to be a 2017-2018 LCA will open from Monday, February 27, 2017-Friday, March 31, 2017.
About the position:
Learning Community Ambassadors (LCAs) represent the Learning Community Program at various prospective and current student recruitment events. Responsibilities include speaking with prospective students and families, faculty and staff, and the broader University Community about all of UConn’s Learning Communities and the unique opportunities they offer. Through training, meetings, and leadership opportunities, LCAs will develop professional skills such as public speaking, networking, and resume writing. Any undergraduate student who has experience living in a Learning Community may apply.
• Must be living in a Learning Community for the 2017-2018 academic year or must have previously lived in a Learning Community for one full year.
• Attend all LCA meetings during the semester. In general these occur for one hour every other week. Specific meeting time each semester is set based on the group members’ availability.
• Volunteer for at least three Learning Community Recruitment initiatives per semester. This could include Open House, Husky-for-a-Day Receptions, or other recruitment activities.
• Must attend at least one Learning Community Student Leadership Consortium Meeting per semester.
• Read all LCA email newsletters fully throughout the year.
• Must volunteer for Husky Haulers.
If you have any questions contact: email@example.com.