Why Live in a Learning Community?
Learning Communities offer unique opportunities for academic and social success.
- Explore UConn within a smaller community. Especially helpful for new or transfer students.
- Live with students who share your interests or major.
- Meet new people and make lifelong friends.
- Create a support network of faculty, staff and student leaders.
- Enjoy field trips, professional and leadership opportunities, social activities, and more.
- Learn about opportunities within your major from classmates and neighbors.
- Interact with faculty and students from all disciplines on topics like the arts, environmental sustainability, human rights, diversity, health, and community issues.
- Participate in undergraduate research, internships and study abroad programs.
- Make a difference at UConn and in the local community.
- Student Speeches about their experience living in a Learning Community
Interested? Select a Learning Community when you submit your UConn Housing Application.
Housing Application Deadline for Students Admitted for Fall 2013: May 15, 2013
Learning Community space is limited - apply early!