Housing Application Period: February 1, 2021 – May 21, 2021
(Includes both incoming first year students and transfer students)
This program is open to all undergraduate students who are not admitted into the Honors Program (this group lives in the Honors Learning Community) and who are eligible for on-campus housing. Selection is randomized for students who apply by May 1 of the current year, giving every applicant the same chance for admittance. If you apply for housing after May 1 and request a Learning Community, you will still be considered in subsequent rounds of selection. Students will be notified of their application status in mid-May via email.
1. Select a Learning Community on your UConn Housing Application which can be accessed through the MyHousing App which is linked on the Residential Life New Student Housing Central Page
- Access to the Housing Application is granted within 3-5 business days of paying your Enrollment Deposit.
2. If you already submitted your Housing Application and did not select a LC, you may still request one by emailing LiveLearn@uconn.edu, including the following:
- Your Full Name;
- Your UConn PeopleSoft (StudentAdmin) ID# (7-digits);
- Indicate whether you are a first year student or transfer student
- Indicate which Learning Community you want to live in
- Space is limited!
- Be sure to pay all fees on time to be eligible for housing
- It can take a several days from when you pay your UConn deposit to when the housing application is available. Be sure to pay your deposit early enough to have access to the housing application if you want to be considered in the first round of randomized selection.
- Be sure to frequently check your UConn email account (Google Apps @UConn)
- Waitlists will be established once a community is full; students on a waitlist will be eligible for regular housing, therefore, you will not forfeit your spot to live on-campus
Applying to Live in a Learning Community in the Spring Semester:
Typically students apply to live in a Learning Community for the academic year (Fall to Spring). However there are a limited number of openings in the Spring semester due to students graduating in December, studying abroad, or other reasons.
- If you are an incoming student in the Spring semester, you can indicate your interest in joining a learning community on the UConn Housing Application