Housing Application Period: December 1, 2019 – January 20, 2020
1. Select a Learning Community on your UConn Housing Application
2. Complete the Learning Community Supplemental Application. The application link will be sent to your UConn email within a week of when you submit your Housing Application. The deadline for Supplemental Applications to be accepted is Sunday, January 26, 2020.
3. For most Learning Communities, the Floor Mentor Application will be included as part of the Learning Community Supplemental Application and is due no later than January 26, 2020.
4. You will learn if you’ve been accepted to live in a Learning Community in mid-February (before Housing Selection begins). If you have been accepted you will need to complete the Learning Community Housing Agreement by the deadline in your notification email or you will forfeit your space.
5. Students accepted into a Learning Community will participate in Housing Selection within the Learning Community. Watch your UConn email account for directions from Residential Life.
6. You must pay the $300 Room Reservation Fee on time (due after Housing Selection, sometime around late March – watch for emails from Residential Life)
You will be notified of your application status in mid-February
Applying to live in a Learning Community in the Spring Semester:
Typically, students apply to live in a Learning Community for the academic year (Fall to Spring). However, there are a limited number of openings in the Spring semester due to students graduating in December, studying abroad, or other reasons.
- Email LiveLearn@uconn.edu to indicate your interest in moving into a Learning Community for the Spring semester. Your name will be kept on a waiting list, and if a bed becomes available, you may be contacted by email to see if you are still interested in moving there.