Floor Mentor Award Nominations must be submitted by Monday, April 17, 2023.
1. Floor Mentor of the Year: This award recognizes a Floor Mentor who served as an all-around example of excellence in their mentoring role. Strong nominees will have provided consistent, thoughtful, tailored support to mentees in all mentoring settings, going above and beyond to provide individual support. In addition, nominees will have promoted enthusiasm and pride in the LC while encouraging deep thinking and intellectual inquiry in connection with the Learning Community experience.
2. Floor Mentor of Character and Inclusion: This is award recognizes a Floor Mentor who served as an example of ethical mentoring practices. Strong nominees will have upheld the values of their community by being a role model of a successful, active, engaged LC member, while also exhibiting inclusion, advocacy, and empathy for all in the community, challenging norms which do not serve all members.
3. Innovative Programmer of the Year: This award recognizes a Floor Mentor who designed and delivered an innovative program during the year. This could be a one-time event or activity, long-term project, or initiative which has taken into thoughtful consideration the unique needs of their LC and worked to build a solution through programming. Special consideration will be given to tailored programs which align with the LC's goals and vision and were accessible to all members.
-Floor Mentors may be nominated by any LC Director, LC support team member, another Floor Mentor, Floor Mentor TA, and/or a current LC member. Floor Mentors may receive multiple nominations.
-Finalists for each award will be asked to accept their nomination by submitting:
1. A brief statement of nomination acceptance with reflection on their experience
2. An updated resume and LinkedIn profile with a description of their membership in the Learning Community and role as a Floor Mentor included
3. A headshot and brief bio we can use to promote the finalists and recipient